November 22, 2007

Some "Finally" 's

You know it's been a little longer than already too long when it takes you a good 30 seconds along with a drawn out 'oh, uh..' to remember your password to even attempt to write something down here.
But, now that I've gotten through the first obstacle, I think it may just be time to fill in some empty spaces, or at least that's how I picture it in my head.

Today will be a caps day, as well as a grammatically correct day.
If you see a grammatical error:
a) feel free to laugh at the fact that I missed it
b) bite your tongue and let me revel in my attempted perfection in the grammatical world



Did any one else know that the saying is "the bane of my existence"?Up until today, I was under the impression that it was "the pain of my existence".
It always catches me offguard when something that I thought was right, turns out to be incorrect, or requires a change to be made.
What a great spot for a segue.
However, I think I'll just leave that one to resonate on it's own.



I think it's time for me to repudiate any past theories I may have come up with, plans I thought were brilliant at the time, or things I've written, thinking that they have the potential to have a larger effect on situations than they really do.
I'm starting to come to terms with the concept that maybe we shouldn't try to have an effect on a situation, but rather, allow certain situations to affect us.
It's become apparent to me in the past few days that things can change in a matter of seconds. Certain things you witness can entirely change an otherwise solidified opinion, or perhaps the more correct way I could refer to said opinion is as an assumption.

I think I'll just leave this with some final thoughts.
Sometimes it's not about figuring things out,
or calling a truce,
or even finding a replacement for what was lost.
It's about being okay with not neccessarily understanding everything, acknowledging that you've tried to fix things, and then leaving it be.



I always feel like I need a closing comment.
Time to get over that.

4 comments:

Andy said...

i like that even though you didn't know it was "bane of my existence" (come on, we all knew that) you still bounce back and use words like "repudiate". it speaks well to your character.


god, i think i'm going to shoot myself for that comment.

Abram said...

wow I"m definatly looking up the origin of that saying, its one of those things I started doing a little while back when I hear things that I want to know the history behind, I love history, its definatly important for everything, I say everything cause i don't want to go into it.

Ah I wish I could leave it alone, but theres just somethign in my head that won't let me, for some reason I can't let go, I try hard but it dosn't work, I thought I had let go of somthign for awhile but it came back to bite me in the ass. I would say whats wrong with me? - but I'm pretty sure its cause I'm a frikin teenager, I hate being a teenager, yet I think I kinda like it on the good times, just not the retarted teenage angst times.

hly frik that was long.

Jon Berg said...

heh i'd like to ditto andys comment about the words. i liked the use of segue, that was nifty.

'speaks well to your character' hehe

there is something for persistence though. i wish more people would recognize that.

abram, you and your teenage angst. makes me laugh. i get what your saying though. sometimes i wish we could just get over things and grow up. but then again being a teenage is pretty damn great.

Jessica said...

Hey, Mandie, it's Jessica Wei; glad I found you on the blogging world (you've had yours much longer than me).

For some reason, for the longest time, I always had the idea that the expression 'bane of my existence' was a good thing, like, "the glue that holds me together". But sadly, no; it's the little tack that will forever be wedged in between life and happiness (kind of like math).

So you were on a far more correct path than I was, because 'pain of my existence' makes at least a bit of sense.

Those are my thoughts, yes.

Happy...whatever-ing. Any thoughts on next year? Hit me back, yo.

- Jess